myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where to windsurfing with your family?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cecilia9653

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Where to windsurfing with your family? Reply with quote

Aloha.
Too many times I have met windsurfing guys traveling alone. Therefore, I have started making travel reviews on my blog and I hope to inspire more families/couples to travel and have fun with windsurf/SUP/surf.

Please check out http://www.ceciliasverden.no/about-my-sideways-travel-reviews/

Follow on www.facebook.com/ceciliasverdenNO

Right now, we are staying 6 weeks on Maui. Little wind so far, but plenty of fun with SUP and surf.

(I hope it is ok that I make some PR here on this forum, if not please let me know )
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to windsurfing with your family? Reply with quote

cecilia9653 wrote:
(I hope it is ok that I make some PR here on this forum, if not please let me know )

If your objective is sharing the stoke, not a problem.
If it's just more hits for revenue, it IS a problem

Mike \m/
RichardMueller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Isobars
cecilia9653

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely 0 revenue on my blog (I have another paid job). My only motivation is to inspire others to travel. My private heart project. My blog is just a platform to communicate. I love windsurf, I love travel and I love my family. Thatīs it. Thanks for asking, so that I could make this clear!
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Where to windsurfing with your family? Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
cecilia9653 wrote:

If your objective is sharing the stoke, not a problem.
If it's just more hits for revenue, it IS a problem

Mike \m/

A problem to whom Iso? You don't run anything around here.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cecilia9653 wrote:
I have absolutely 0 revenue on my blog (I have another paid job). My only motivation is to inspire others to travel. My private heart project. My blog is just a platform to communicate. I love windsurf, I love travel and I love my family. Thatīs it.

That's great! Some buzzkillers here resent people who stroke the stoke with their inspirational ideas and experiences, but most of us ignore them.

Mike \m/
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If your objective is sharing the stoke, not a problem.
If it's just more hits for revenue, it IS a problem"

Is the first sentence really upbeat about cecilia's post? Not as I see it, because it was the second sentence that reflected isobars' real mind and attitude. I'm glad that he got called on it.

Regarding cecilia's goal in the blog, I think that it's a great idea. The iWindsurf forum has always been a place where many windsurfers ask wanting to know more about different locations and their suitability for their partners and families. I think that the planned format for rating and review is a good one, and I'm sure that an active woman's perspective on things will provide a more unusual point of view that's quite refreshing.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maui is terrific

gorge is too.

lots to do in either place.

both places one can escape the heat by running to higher elevations.

gorge is way cheaper though. cheers

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the link. I read your review about Sao Miguel Do Gostovo - very informative and well written. We wanted to go there recently during out trip to Brazil, but Kauli told us that the wind there at the beginning of July is not good. The same was true for Ica. We ended up in Jeri, which was fun, but we'd probably check out Sao Miguel if we'd go back to Brazil.

Too bad that your trip to Maui is this year. From what I heard, it's the least windy summer in a long, long time. When we went there in the summer a few years ago, we sailed almost every day, mostly on 3.7-5.0.
cecilia9653

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support and trusting my good intentions, guys! swchandler, your comment on my goal is spot on.

Gorge is definitely on our list. And Maui weather is strange this year (and the exchange rate horrible). Fortunately, we have sailed 4.7, 5.2 the last three days, Kanaha and Hookipa (not me). But I am afraid, it will not last. We are here for 4 more weeks, so I hope we get some more.

Thanks for reading my Do Gostoso, boardsurfr. I have not been to Jeri, but we found Gostoso really good. One the best places I have windsurfed and a very laid back town with good restaurants.

I look forward to exchange more travel inspiration with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: